Education and Training
- University of Chicago – Bachelors of Arts, Biological Science honors
- University of Rochester School of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha honors
- The Cleveland Clinic – Residency in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- Stanford University – Fellowship in Facial Plastic surgery
Dr. Chan is a double board certified physician (in both Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery) and specializes in aesthetic and reconstructive procedures of the face, head, and neck including reconstructive procedures following facial trauma and skin cancer excision. He has a special interest in helping patients breathe better through nasal valve and sinus surgery. He enjoys balancing function with aesthetics and performs rhinoplasty, facelifts, blepharoplasties, and otoplasties.
Dr. Chan has been practicing in Portland for over a decade. Prior to that he was Assistant Clinical Professor at Stanford University Medical Center and attending surgeon at the Palo Alto VA Medical Center. While at the Palo Alto VA, Dr. Chan provided care to injured Iraqi Veterans by performing facial reconstructive surgery. Dr. Chan participates in the Face to Face program through the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery and volunteers to provide pro bono surgery to those in need in the US and abroad. He has also volunteered his services to the Clackamas Women’s Shelter, an organization dedicated to helping women escape abuse.
Hobbies: Golf, fishing, reading, and spending time outdoors with his wife, two children, and dog.
- Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of the Providence Milwaukie Medical Executive Committee