It’s that time of the year again
Don’t miss a moment of it!
The hustle and bustle of the holidays will soon be here. Can’t you just imagine it? Shopping in decked-out malls…Laughing with cherished friends…Sharing a special meal with loving family…Listening to children laugh as old traditions are made new again.
These are the ingredients for the perfect holiday recipe…unless you suffer from untreated hearing loss. For those who cannot hear as well as they once did, holidays, and the happy noise that accompanies them, can be stressful and lead to isolation and depression.
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, now is the time to take action to ensure this year’s holiday events will be enjoyed to their fullest.
- Do you, or someone you know, avoid holiday gatherings, shopping at malls or going to crowded restaurants because it is difficult to understand the conversation in background noise?
- Do you, or someone you know, have difficulty understanding the voices of small children?
- Do you, or someone you know, become embarrassed or frustrated because you sometimes respond inappropriately to a comment or a question that has been asked?
Don’t let this holiday disappoint. Follow this 7-step plan to ensure this holiday is the best one ever!
- Eliminate the stress of not knowing whether or not you have hearing loss. Make an appointment today to have a hearing test to find out.
- Don’t put off getting treatment. You may be surprised that your symptoms are caused by something as simple as earwax, which can easily be removed. If, however, your hearing professional recommends hearing instruments, don’t put off getting treatment. Let your hearing professional make a recommendation while you remain in control of your budget.
- Be confident that you are making a positive, life-changing decision. Today’s hearing instruments are smaller than ever and new open fit technology means you will hardly notice you are wearing them. Feedback management systems can effectively reduce annoying background noises while Adaptive Dual Microphone technology helps you focus on the conversations you want to hear and help eliminate those you don’t.
- If you already wear hearing instruments, make sure they are in good working order before company arrives or you leave town. Schedule a “clean and check” appointment and stock up on batteries and cleaning supplies.
- Does your child suffer from Pediatric Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
- Chronic nasal congestion is one of the most common complaints we see. Now ENT surgeons have a set of minimally invasive tools, Balloon Sinuplasty, that can be used to enlarge the natural opening of the sinuses without removing bone or tissue. Are you a candidate for balloon sinuplasty?
- Enjoy the holidays!